Thursday, February 12, 2009

V (for victory) - day

Well, i decided to get a jump on the flower conspiracy craze instilled by hollywood, the flower growers and get-rich-quick schemers worldwide. I'm not hatin', just wanted you to realize the craziness of the situation.... A couple months ago, feeling appreciative for kayla's dedication to raising Piper, and bought flowers. They cost less than 15$ including the Vase to boot. Valentine's rolls around, I buy flowers because i am sure my head will cave in if a Valentine's Day passed and i didn't buy any- (I heard it is real, by the way- have you ever seen a man alive that didn't buy flowers? i know! you like dissapear. So I did, not out of fear, but ...) So I purchase the SAME amount and arrangement of flowers('cuz I am safe like that, knowing Kayla likes the arrangment/flowers chosen), and the flowers were almost 3x more expensive then they were not 3 months ago when I bought them!
I thought for sure i would get a good deal buying them early, but no. the moral of the story? YOU can't win, the man will always win... but we buy them anyways, because We LOVE our wives :) and know you are more than worth it KAYLA!
Happy Valentines Day! My advice is the folowing: may you go into a diabetic coma for eating to much candy, wait in line at your favorite restaurant for hours, spend weeks to find that date to re-kindle and grow your love, say those sappy love remarks you memorized from the last year of chic flicks, and be grateful- SHE does so much more for you!

2 comments:

Ben and Melissa Brunson said...

Abe I can safely say my husband doesn't buy flowers. I have NEVER gotten flowers for Valentines day but don't and as you can see your brother is still around 'cause I can't help but love him. Thats sweet though that you got Kayla flowers.

Randi said...

Abram,
You are a great guy. I think it is safe to say we will keep you around. Thanks for being so good to my daughter, who I also love beyond words.