Saturday, March 14, 2009

B-O-R-E-D

How do you know when you're mentally unchallenged- bored that is? Do your eyes glaze over like a pair of doughnuts? does your speach digress and resemble that of a caveman? now for the kicker- when you notice it in your spouse/ roomie/ child- what is your reaction?


About now you are wondering where on earth could i be going with this one?


Well to be honest- i had an epiphany.(hope i spelled it right, you can't have one if you can't spell it...) I realized that children, in their developmental stages are not capable of challenging themselves, a reason for thier innocence. A child learns by and from what they are exposed to, and what their instincts tell them, nothing more.


So when I say "i am bored" is that the admitting of laziness, an undesire to challenge myself? Or is it some sick realization that i wish to be entertained like a child...


the picture says it all!

PS- Piper is actually blinking at the flash, not being sleep-deprived or bored- I promise!

3 comments:

The Harmons said...

Hey Abe and Kayla, Your daughter is one cute baby. It is crazy how fast they grow, It seems like it was just yesterday that you said that she was born and look at her now. Well hope all is well. Love ya guys. Josh and Jamie

Barbi said...

When I was in Boston there was a sign on corner (Boston the intellectual town), it went something like this "Boredom is a state of mind. You can do something about it or remain." At the time, I thought, well there goes my excuse...I mean really who wants to admit that they are bored because they can't figure out a way to entertain oneself?

Harper said...

What a cute kid! :)