Saturday, August 29, 2009

Ketchup- not the food kind

So it has been quite an exciting break- and it isn't over yet!
To give you a brief synopsis this is what our break included, but was not limited to, just the most notable parts...
For the fourth of July we went down to Fillmore, UT, where Kayla's Gpas live. It is a royal family reunion, including a 50th Wedding Anniversary for Gpa and Gma. (We left our SD card with most all the photos in Missouri, sorry :( )
Kayla went stright back to Missouri with her fam, while i finished school, and then i headed out there. While in Missouri we visited some pretty notables- like Liberty Jail, Nauvoo, Carthage, Independance, just to name a few. Piper loves doggies, and now only cares to watch the baby Ensteins that have dogs in them, (i wonder if she can remember from memory, or if she just gets lucky) After the couple minutes of doggies are done, so is she. Where did this obsession with dogs come from? Maggie her uncle Will's dog. After living with the calm Canine for 6 weeks, piper grew really attached- REALLY attached. She would play fetch... Maggie's still learning to drop it though :) she loved to share her food with Maggie- and when Maggie didn't want to eat it, she would lick it and Piper would finish it. Gross? kinda, but she never got sick! and maybe she won't have allergies like her Mother or Gparents. Piper also fell in love with being outside, but thankfully woulnd dare touch the grass. We didn't worry about Chiggars, but we also didn't have to worry either. Funny though- as soon as we got home to Idaho, she decided grass was fine... weird!
Kayla and I just got to relax- that was more than enough for us, and Kayla got to exercise her Shopping Muscle- and let me tell you- She got quite the workout! :) that is what vacations are for i guess. Most of all we got to enjoy being with Kayla's family, we don't have that luxury, being poor and practically enslaved here in Idaho. But that just makes us want to go back even quicker!

Piper loved her rides on uncle Will's like MX- until you took her off...
Kayla and Brit made a million bows- modeled here by Dash and Will-
Kayla and Piper went with the load of vacationing family to the Zoo... as for the pictured animal i have no idea... Piper may be confused- these definately do not look like those things on gpa's wall in idaho!

Yes this is Piper loving the Out of Doors. She did get bathed in Sunscreen every time we went out- just like the Brunson genes! tho the chiggars weren't out- you may see a black dot on her 4head- that is a mosquito- those were horrible! (we didn't purposefully take the picture for the mosquito, it butt itself in the pic, just to prove how bad they were.)

This is the 4th in Fillmore, and Yes, that is a Pasture with horses in it ON mainstreet. That happens in Idaho too, so no biggie. Oh the matching shirts? and sunglasses? You better believe that look is the "IN" thing!

6 comments:

Jaron said...

It's about time you updated your blog! Looks like you guys have been having fun! And I would have to agree - vacations are for flexing your shopping muscle, especially when you live in a place like Idaho where shopping is so LIMITED. (At least, I used to think it was limited until I moved to Saba...)

Brittany H. said...

Ah yes, we both LOVE a good workout! haha That picture of Dash and Will is good blackmail!

Brittany H. said...

And aren't you forgetting to announce something very exciting?

Anonymous said...

we are so glad you guys are back! we missed you! and now that Kayla is the Bow Pro, you are gonna have to teach me a thing or two! I don't really know what I'm doing, I just make it up as I go, lol! I can't believe how much HAIR Piper came home with! good thing you made so many bows!!

Randi said...

Hah, finally an update!!!! I loved the pitures, and they made me miss Piper even more. I guess school for you Kayla will start next week. I hope all goes well. ANd is Piper all better? Just wanted to let you know that your name is really growing on me. And alot faster that Dash's did. I say it a few times everyday. We really miss you all.
Love Mom and Dad

Barbi said...

Great pics! Would love to see the ones you left in MO. But another time. We missed you while you were gone. Glad to have ya'll back home or at least to Idaho.