Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Sunny Skies

Hello summer!!! I think it got up to 70 today and it felt great. Piper loves to go to the park and swing and slide and watch the horses. Okay actually it is the carousel with fake horses that she loves to watch. She won't dare get on it but she loves to watch the other kids ride. I don't really mind because it saves me money and I get to relax on the bench. Piper is into the phase where she wants to do everything herself. If I try to help her put her pants on she says "No! Piper do it!" I love that she wants to try by herself, but I hate that it takes 30 minutes for her to do it. She got a shirt on by herself and was so proud of herself. True it was on backwards but who cares and off the the park we went.

Paislee can roll over and turn herself around in circles on her tummy. She is always willing to give anyone a smile but she is currently sick. Abe passed his bug on to her so of course that means another week of constantly getting up with a sick child. I know most of her pictures are taken in this bouncer, but she just loves to be in it.
It was high councilman Sunday (that's what I call it) and Abe was assigned a talk in our ward for once! It was hard keeping Piper and Paislee to sit still, or I should just say to keep quiet and I almost succeeded but towards the end of Abe's talk Piper got away from me and of course she ran up to the pulpit saying MY DADDY! I was so embarrassed, but like I said it was at the end of his talk so I let him take care of her. She was poopy anyways and there is nothing to reward a good talk like changing a poopy diaper.
Oh Brittany I tried the recipe out and it was delicious. Abe loved it, does mine look as good as yours? Thanks!!
P.S I wrote this a couple days ago, today it is thundering and raining.

4 comments:

Brittany H. said...

I LOVE it with carrots--it looks great! :) Paislee looks more like Piper in that picture. haha I just can't make up my mind; guess I'll have to see them in person! Can't wait!!!!

Jill said...

Paislee is getting so big and sooo cute. Katie's in an independent phase too. You're better than I am, I just say "Mommy has to do it" and I do it for her if I am in a rush...much kicking and screaming goes into that.

Harper said...

Awww, your girls are so cute! I can't believe how fast they're growing up. We miss seeing you!

The Wilson Family said...

So glad you're getting warm weather!