Well, let me start by saying this is not Kayla. Those of you that could care less about what I've got to say, here's your escape...
I took this picture with my phone, just a quickie - aren't they darling(all four of 'em) so pardon the poor quality all you HDers...
I am going to brag about.... Kayla... Yeah you thought I was going to say the girls - they brag all for themselves mind you.
This last week was pretty average for Kayla:
1: 14 credits that means-
-more than 14 hours a week in class
-2 papers, just like every week (she has two eng classes... ugh)
- Bio test
- I lost count at 5 quizzes
- group projects... I will say Ugh twice for that... ugh
-homework
2: Baby sitting Michael, friends of ours toddler Piper's age, 10+ hours
3: Motherly joys (I call them motherly, because piper has forbidden that I do them, and reminds me so)
-books, snacks, toys, crafts ("craps" piper calls them- lol)
-diapers... isn't that enough all by itself?
4: Croup - we just survived sharing a humidifier, Vicks... (I swear it has addictive properties) nose-wiping, cough-covering, lysol-spraying, don't-share-your-juice week. The best part? the last day included ralphing, puking, vomiting, spewing, regurgitating- what ever you call it, i have a weak stomach for it. Kayla is now a professional nose-wiper... interesting addition to a resume eh?
5: Yummy food- Kayla has never admitted to being and would never take credit for it, but she rocks as Cookin' Mama, and would scare Martha Stewart right back into that jail cell. Makes me hungry just thinkin' about it.
6: Shopaholic - Most husbands don't trust their wives with a credit card, (or avoid admitting that they don't) Though Kayla frequents retail-therapy to last through the harsh winter months, the deals she finds saves us $$ major bling. I am reminded of this as we were in Old Navy today and saw the "new" fashion, and realized that the same sweater we saw today for 35$ she found last March on clearance for $ 0.67. Oh Yeah!
Yes, Kayla has a lot on her plate, oh yeah, did I mention that she is pregnant as a stuffed turkey? (Instead of being mouth wattering, she is just delightful though... No, I do not have dreams of chomping on her lol) Kayla please forgive me for likening you to turkey, I know you hate turkey...
I digress- my readers... if you're even still reading... I tell you Kayla doesn't take enough credit for herself, and wouldn't admit that though she is up to her eyeballs in stuff to do, she still takes care of her 3.5 kids (yeah, that includes me :) ) and doesn't break a sweat!
1: 14 credits that means-
-more than 14 hours a week in class
-2 papers, just like every week (she has two eng classes... ugh)
- Bio test
- I lost count at 5 quizzes
- group projects... I will say Ugh twice for that... ugh
-homework
2: Baby sitting Michael, friends of ours toddler Piper's age, 10+ hours
3: Motherly joys (I call them motherly, because piper has forbidden that I do them, and reminds me so)
-books, snacks, toys, crafts ("craps" piper calls them- lol)
-diapers... isn't that enough all by itself?
4: Croup - we just survived sharing a humidifier, Vicks... (I swear it has addictive properties) nose-wiping, cough-covering, lysol-spraying, don't-share-your-juice week. The best part? the last day included ralphing, puking, vomiting, spewing, regurgitating- what ever you call it, i have a weak stomach for it. Kayla is now a professional nose-wiper... interesting addition to a resume eh?
5: Yummy food- Kayla has never admitted to being and would never take credit for it, but she rocks as Cookin' Mama, and would scare Martha Stewart right back into that jail cell. Makes me hungry just thinkin' about it.
6: Shopaholic - Most husbands don't trust their wives with a credit card, (or avoid admitting that they don't) Though Kayla frequents retail-therapy to last through the harsh winter months, the deals she finds saves us $$ major bling. I am reminded of this as we were in Old Navy today and saw the "new" fashion, and realized that the same sweater we saw today for 35$ she found last March on clearance for $ 0.67. Oh Yeah!
Yes, Kayla has a lot on her plate, oh yeah, did I mention that she is pregnant as a stuffed turkey? (Instead of being mouth wattering, she is just delightful though... No, I do not have dreams of chomping on her lol) Kayla please forgive me for likening you to turkey, I know you hate turkey...
I digress- my readers... if you're even still reading... I tell you Kayla doesn't take enough credit for herself, and wouldn't admit that though she is up to her eyeballs in stuff to do, she still takes care of her 3.5 kids (yeah, that includes me :) ) and doesn't break a sweat!
Thanks Kayla - As Piper would say "LOVE U TOOOO MUCH!"
Yeah, I know, how n00bish of me, but i forgot to rotate it first. Shows how often i do this. This was taken just days before our beauti-fall turned into snow. We fed the ducks, but were having too much fun to take pictures of the dirty grabby animals, instead we took pictures of ourselves... not much difference though lol.
9 comments:
This is the sweetest post ever! I agree with everything--Kayla is awesome. She is so thoughtful and caring and was born to be a mom. I wish our kids could play together all the time! I still have some balloons from my shower, and Dash tied them to the doorknobs last night and said that it was Piper's surprise birthday party. haha Miss you guys!!
Aww, you're so cute Abe! I agree - you've got a keeper there! Way to go Kayla, for all you do!!
I love Kayla too. I can't tell you how much we miss you guys. please come visit
Abe, you are a keeper. How wonderful to hear the way you feel about my daughter. We moms and dads want nothing more than a spouse that loves loves loves their child. We love you, Kayla, and those sweet wee ones.
That was a good post abe, I knew that she was a good one when I gave you the referral. I am glad that you could convince her to take a chance on you! I may have to follow your lead and do the same to my wife on her blog.
As a mom - I watch how the two of you work so well together in EVERYTHING. I have never heard a negative remark directed at the other from either of you!! You are a great example to many. Abe - wonderful post to/about a great wife!!
Abe, my second thought was...oh no what did Abe do? But when Kayla reads this it will soften her up. Ha Ha. I love that you love her so much.
your favorite mother in law. :)
Thanks Abe!!!
HOW SWEET IS THIS! Kayla u really are amazing!!!
Post a Comment