As I was going to bed last night I made a mental note of everything I had to accomplish today. One of those things was the laundry. I usually try to do one load a week, but this month I kept saying I would do it tomorrow, never did, and thus I had about a months worth. I loaded all the baskets up in the car and drove down the street to a laundry mat. I heard from some friends that this laundry mat had three washers that could hold the equivalent of 8 loads for 15 dollars. Since I had that many loads I thought I would give it a try. I load the laundry in and start giving it my quarters. It eats about every other quarter, but the washer door locked when I closed it, so I keep going. Finally it starts.
By this time Piper has noticed the pop machine, and wants a rootbeer really bad, so what the heck I get her one. In goes my quarters, out comes no pop. Great...I push all the buttons until finally an orange soda (yuck) comes out. I can't remember the last time I bought a soda from a machine and apparently it shakes the pop up on the way down. I open it and get sprayed orange soda all over myself. Mean while I notice that the washer has stopped, but the time has not run out. Hmmm the door is locked and I can't get my clothes out. I call the emergency number and the owner comes down 20 MINUTES LATER!!!! My kids are freaking out, he finally fixes the loose screw, and it starts running again. During this time Piper found the bag of quarters and dumped them on the floor, which caused half of them to roll right into the drain in the middle of the floor. Knowing that I have 20 minutes before my clothes get done I pack the kids into the car to run to Wells Fargo to get more quarters. (I had a 2o dollar bill with me, but of course the change machine only took 10 dollar bills and under). Paislee falls asleep on the drive to the bank so I go through the drive through. The teller tells me that I have to come in because he can't put that much change down the tub!!! The whole point was to not get the kids out. I park, go in and of course Paislee wakes up. I get my quarters, go back, and get my wet clothes out, and I notice that they smell like mold. Hmmm could this be because they sat for about a half hour while the manager fixed the machine?? Re-wash?? No way, I throw them into the dryers with a lot of good smelling static sheets and wait...wait....wait, Not even near dry. More quarters wasted, and I of course take home baskets of wet clothes.
I HATE LAUNDRY MATS!!!! I wish I had my washer and dryer!!! Also there was this lady there giving me looks like, what are you doing trying to do all that laundry with two little kids? Hello!!! If I don't do it, then who else will! Grrrrr.
I had to run to the post office to mail a book, but I obviously wrote the zip code down wrong, so she sends me all the way back home to copy the right one down. While at home a stray cat runs into the apartment and crawls under Piper's bed. I don't have time for this (Paislee had fallen asleep again in the car). It won't come out and every time I tried to grab it it hissed at me. I went, opened a can of tuna and lured it out. I'm sure because I fed it, it now won't go away. On the way back from the post office I decide to grab some taco bell, which when I got home realized that they didn't put Piper's taco in. Do I go back?? No, I'm done. Piper eats my taco, and I eat left overs. Did I mention all this happened before 11:00 this morning?? It is currently 1:39 pm and my luck had better get better, or I'm not going any where else today.
13 years ago

11 comments:
You know, your always welcome to come and use my washer and dryer. Kids can play and you don't have to carry around a bag of quarters.
OH MY GOODNESS!!!! I am so sorry! That is the point when you drop your kids off at my house and go take a nap...seriously next time PLEASE take me up on that offer!
Wow, what a day. I hope you went to bed early and/or had ice cream for dinner! That seems to always help. ;-)
Expensive laundry trip! You're making me want to live at Grandma Brunson's through the spring, just so I'll have her washer and dryer!
The girls are cute; can't wait to see them!
P.S. Take Melissa up on her offer!!
P.P.S. Take Ashleigh up on her offer too! ;-)
I'm so sorry, that sucks so bad! thanks for reminding my why I will NOT move somewhere without a washer/dryer! I can't imagine doing it with 3 kids, and no way do I have enough clothes to wait that long between trips! next time you need to do laundry, drop the kids here for a playdate! we are always home and can keep them entertained, really!
Aw, that is one TERRIBLE morning! :( But it looks like you have lots of great friends who are willing to help out--so let them!
Dude thats rough but if you have hookups Sarah Jane and I have a washer and dryer that you are more than welcome too we would just have to find a way to get them up there to ya.
IF Melissa isn't around you and could come use our washer and dryer aswell, we have a basketball court and a playground right out back that your kids could play on.
Wow you poor gal...have you heard of calling your mother-in -law??? I can either: watch the kids or lug the laundry to my house!!! I wanna know if the laundry smelled okay?? LOL Hang in there vacation is coming!
you should write comedy. that experience was so funny and you will think so years from now. My personal fav was the cat under the bed. hang in there. you are a wonderful mother. I love you.
Mom.
holy cow girl! You are my hero! I'm sure you have more days like this than you normally share. I can hardly get thru days like that with my 2.5 year old toddler. We miss you guys so much. Kayla you are amazing! And tons of self control! love you! You can vent to me anytime! I miss our walks and mommy talks :)
Post a Comment