Thursday, January 13, 2011

Conversations with Piper

 
Piper loves to talk these days, and I am learning by the conversations that she has with me and her toys that she is beginning to understand a lot of what goes on around her. For example, I was doing some homework with my sister and Piper comes out with her hand on her head. The conversation went as follows:
 Mommy I have a headache.
Why do you have a headache?
Because I have work and school.....and I don't like to drive in the snow.
My poor little girl is carrying the weight of the world on her shoulders!

I like to make what I call Jesus books, which are pictures of Jesus made fancy with some scrapbook paper and stickers, so that the girls have something to look at during sacrament. Well Piper was looking at some of the pages and she came across the one with Jesus knocking on the door, and this was the converstaion:
What is Jesus doing?
He is knocking on the door.
At my house?
Sure he knocks at your house, will you let him in?
Yes, he will play with me.

The next picture was one of Jesus on the cross, and this was the converstaion:
What is Jesus doing?
Well Jesus died on the cross for you.
(Then Piper looks at me with her eyes the biggest I have ever seen them and says)
Jesus is dead!
Abe quickly chimes in with, yes Piper Jesus died, but he is alive again. His effort did not work because Piper quickly said,
No! Jesus is dead!, and then  runs off to her room and slams the door. She forgot about the whole thing moments later because I heard her making dinner for all of her pez friends, but I hope the spiritual lesson goes better next time because now when we read her scripture readers at night, and we finish a story about Jesus, all she seems to remember is that he died. I know this because at the end of every story she ends with, and Jesus is dead. I hope for better luck in the near future.

I love that she loves to learn about things, I just need to get better at teaching them.

Just an update on Paislee, she now will get up and walk straight across the living room, or down the hall. Any day now and I know she will be walking all over. I am so excited, at least for now...

4 comments:

Brittany H. said...

Great stories! Miss you guys!

Dana Scarbrough said...

Don't worry, first time Caleb heard it, it was a little alarming to him too! He's okay now and understands the concept that he died but is okay and alive now. And that he did it because he loves us!

Love the snow/work/school one. Man, sometimes kids really wake us up to their reality huh? They hear everything~!

Jill said...

I love the things she says. We miss Piper terribly. YOu guys should move to Salt Lake when you graduate.

Becky said...

Awww, what a cutie! I love the "weight of the world on her shoulders" tale.